Does your spouse…
- Control what you do, who you see or talk to or where you go?
- Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
- Make all of the decisions?
- Embarrass you with put-downs?
- Look at you, or act, in ways that scare you?
- Take your money, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
- Tell you that you’re a bad parent or threaten to take away or hurt your children?
- Prevent you from working or attending school?
- Shove you, slap you, choke you, or hit you?
- Act like the abuse is no big deal, it’s your fault, or even deny doing it?
- Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
- Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
- Threaten to commit suicide?
- Threaten to kill you?
If you answered ‘yes’ to even one of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship.
For support and more information please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or at TTY 1-800-787-3224.